HARMONY OF THE GOSPELS
This is a new blending of the four canonical Gospels into one. Further explanation of some of the new methods I employ follow the text, at the bottom of the page along with the Index of chapter/section headers. For now, here are the Fonts used to denote which of the four Gospels the text in the blended narrative were taken from:
Century Schoolbook, Rockwell, Serifa, or Georgia
.DOC VERSION: Two columns, with headers!
Text taken from The King James Clarified (KJC) New Testament (Public Domain; edited by Bill McGinnis, http://patriot.net/~bmcgin/kjcntpage.html)
Words of Christ in RED;
Words of God the Father in GOLD
Since many have taken in hand to set forth
in order a declaration of those things
which are most surely believed among us, Just as they delivered them
unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses,
and ministers of the word; It seemed good to me also,
having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first,
to write unto you in order, most excellent Theophilus, That you might know
the certainty of those things, in which you have been instructed.
1:1 The … Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God
- 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
- 1:3 All things were made by him; and outside him was not any thing made that was made.
- 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
- 1:5 And the light shines in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
- 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
- 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
- 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
- 1:9 That was the true Light, which lights every man that comes into the world.
- 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
- 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
- 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
- 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
THE BIRTH OF JOHN
- 1:5 THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
- 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
- 1:7 And they had no child, because Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well advanced in years.
- 1:8 And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course,
- 1:9 According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.
- 1:10 And the whole multitude of the people were praying outside at the time of incense.
- 1:11 And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.
- 1:12 And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.
- 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for your prayer is heard; and your wife Elisabeth shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.
- 1:14 And you shall have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
- 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and